HyperMesh is a market-leading, multi-disciplinary finite element pre-processor which manages the generation of the largest, most complex models, starting with the import of a CAD geometry to exporting ready-to-run solver file.
Over the last 20 years, HyperMesh has evolved into the leading premier pre-processor for concept and high fidelity modeling. The advanced geometry and meshing capabilities provide an environment for rapid model generation. The ability to generate high quality mesh quickly is one of HyperMesh’s core competencies. Industry trends show a migration to modular sub-system design and continued exploration of new materials; HyperMesh has advanced model assembly tools capable of supporting complex sub-system generation and assembly, in addition, modeling of laminate composites is supported by advanced creation, editing and visualization tools. Design change is made possible via mesh morphing and geometry dimensioning. HyperMesh is a solver neutral environment that also has an extensive API which allows for advanced levels customization.
HyperMesh Introduction Video
Watch this quick introduction video to learn how HyperMesh can help you.
Haier Redesigns Air Conditioners and Packaging with Altair HyperWorks
Read this Case study to see how Altair was able to reduce costs of physical testing and eliminate drop damage using simulated drop testing with HyperWorks.
Read the Haier Case Study
HyperMesh is used by thousands of customers worldwide to generate and manage their models, it supports a wide variety of CAD and solver interfaces, making it a perfect solution for a majority of verticals and domains.
“HyperMesh is the standard tool we use in our daily work to support customers like Dorel Juvenile to develop better, more innovative products in a shortened time to market.”
–Harold van Aken
CEO and Senior Simulation Engineer of Code Product Solutions
Read Full Story
A Powerful FEA Modeling Solution for the Enterprise
- With the broadest set of direct CAD and CAE interfaces and the ability to define custom integrations, HyperMesh works seamlessly within any engineering environment.
- HyperMesh provides a robust, common FEA modeling framework across the corporation - minimizing niche modeling tool investments and training costs.
High-speed and High-quality Meshing
- With automatic and semi-automatic shell, tetra, and hexa meshing capabilities, HyperMesh simplifies the modeling process of complex geometries.
Increased End-user Efficiency with Automated Model Assembly and Batch Meshing
- Close links between HyperMesh and PDM facilitate bi-directional communication, in addition, part representations and configurations are managed directly within HyperMesh.
- Batch meshing technology accelerates the model development process by eliminating the need to perform manual geometry cleanup and meshing.
- Highly automated methods for rapid model assembly including the assignment and management of connections such as bolts, spot welds, adhesives and seam welds.
Interactive Feature and Volume-based Morphing for Geometric Shape Changes and Design Variable Definition
- A flexible set of morphing tools allows users to modify legacy meshes without re-meshing to automate the investigation new design proposals.
Close the Loop Between CAD and FEA
- Extract shell meshes straight from a thin solid geometry including thickness assignments with the powerful Mid-map Mesh Generation tools.
- Extract composite data from geometry files and transfer it to finite element data with minimal user interaction.
- Retrieve 3D CAD geometries from finite element models to communicate design direction to design and engineering teams.
CFD mesh around a motorcycle tire
3D composite layers including fiber angle visualization
Modeling of a crankshaft with solid elements
Aerospace meshing example
Bottom view of a full car assembly
Cavity meshing for NVH simulations
Highly complex model for a nuclear reactor
CAD and meshed model of a ship section
Best In Class Meshing
HyperMesh presents users with an advanced suite of easy-to-use tools to build and edit CAE models. For 2D and 3D model creation, users have access to a variety of mesh-generation capabilities, as well as HyperMesh’s powerful automeshing module.
High Fidelity Meshing
- Surface meshing
- Solid map hexa meshing
- Tetra meshing
- CFD meshing
- SPH meshing
HyperMorph is powerful solution for interactively and parametrically changing the shape of a finite element model. Its unique approach enables rapid shape variations on the finite element mesh without sacrificing mesh quality. During the morphing process, HyperMorph also allows the creation of shape variables, which can be used for subsequent design optimization studies.
Using Altair® BatchMesher™ is the fastest way to automatically generate high-quality finite element meshes for large assemblies. By minimizing manual meshing tasks, this auto-meshing technology provides more time for value-added engineering simulation activities. BatchMesher provides user-specified control over meshing criteria and geometry clean-up parameters as well as the ability to output to customized model file formats.
HyperMesh provides import and export support for industry-leading CAD data formats. Moreover, HyperMesh has robust tools to clean up imported geometry to allow for the efficient generation of high-quality meshes. Boundary conditions can also be applied directly to geometry for automatic mapping to underlying elements.
- CATIA and CATIA Composite Link
- IGES (import and export)
- JT (import and export)
- Parasolid (import and export)
- ProE and CREO
- STEP (import and export)
Connectors are geometric entities used to connect geometry or FE entities. They are used to create spot- and seamwelds, adhesives, bolts or masses. Connectors can be realized from geometric entities into various solver specific FE representations. It is possible to unrealize them to change the representation to a different type or solver profile on the next realization. Connectors contain their location, linking partners, connection rules and realization types. They can be created manually, absorbed from FE existing FE connections or imported and generated from text files.
HyperMesh holds strong features for modeling highly complex composites structures. Ply entities allow defining the shape of individual layers based on geometry or elements. The laminate entity defines the stacking order of a composite part. The composites definition is generic and can be realized into many solver profiles.
For review purposes composites structures can be visualized in 3D, individual layers isolated and ply orientations visualized graphically.
For a highly efficient workflow the CATIA reader has been enhanced to read composite definitions, such as ply shapes, material and ply orientations, directly from the geometry file. Fibersim drape data can be imported in a very similar way. HyperMesh offers sophisticated mapping algorithms to transfer the geometric input data to an FE mesh and associated properties.
CAE Solver Interfacing
HyperMesh supports a host of different solver formats for both import and export. Along with fully supported solvers, HyperMesh provides a completely tailored environment (user profile) for each supported solver. It also provides the flexibility to support additional solvers through a unique and straightforward interfacing language
HyperMesh Collaboration Tools are available with the standard installation and work out-of-the-box. Users are enabled to work in a powerful and truly collaborative environment. The Explore dialog is tightly integrated into all HyperMesh file dialogs and allows for efficient searching of databases and retrieving of files. The Organize Browser helps to structure simulation data and file versions. Personal or team data can be efficiently managed to ensure that always the latest file versions will be used. Keyword search allows efficient research of databases. Connect is the connection to a common team database or corporate PLM systems. Files can be retrieved or uploaded from or to the database. The Collaboration tools also contain a material library allowing searching and filtering a corporate material database.
Customize HyperMesh to Fit Your Environment
- Configure the HyperMesh Interface: Customize your modeling experience through an easy-to-use interface containing drag-and-drop toolbars, configurable pull-down menus and keyboard-controlled shortcuts.
- Custom Utilities: Create custom applications that are fully integrated within the HyperMesh interface.
- Solver Input Translators: Users can extend HyperMesh’s interface support by adding input translators to read different analysis data decks.
- Solver Export Templates: Export templates allow the HyperMesh database to be written out to user defined formats for non-supported solvers.
Process oriented, feature-based finite element modeling software that allows to quickly and accurately generate FE models from complex CAD assemblies.
Overview Video | Learn More
Post-processing and visualization environment for finite element analysis, multi-body system simulation, CFD results and digital video.
Overview Video | Learn More
Total Materia Premium Edition is the most comprehensive resource for material properties containing over 10 million property records spanning in excess of 380,000 materials.
Overview Video | Learn More
Workgroup Material DatabasePro
Create and manage a materials library relevant for your product design. View and compare data, create CAE material files and export them as a HyperWorks Collaboration Tools master material library.